3 Nephi 5:13
"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

Monday, August 29, 2011

My Companion Is Such A Sweetheart

We have had some beautiful thunder storms the last few days! I LOVE thunder!
Investigators are doing well. We had a few at church today which is always such a blessing. Hugo has been progressing very well. He has tons of questions and we have seen a great change in him since we started talking to him of increased faith and a much more positive attitude.

My new companion Sister Furman is such a sweetheart. She's awesome at helping lighten the load. She never seems to get stressed (unless she's driving) and often she'll say, “Okay what do we need to do?” We make a list and just work through it. It’s helping get me out of that, "I have to do everything by myself" mode.

We are teaching English as well as piano to some members. We are going to be having a late New Beginnings for Young Women’s this week.

I am so happy to hear from everyone. I’m thrilled about all the happy things y'all have been able to do and all the great things that have been happening.

Mom and Dad ~
Thank you so much for the updates. I’m happy that you all had the time to spend together this week at Multnomah Falls and that you will be able to go to Crater Lake this weekend. Thanks for the pictures, they're awesome!!!

LEX!!! ~
Lex and guinea pigs..... NOOOOOO send Skinny Pete to me. I know some families that could make him into a way good dinner. NO!!!!! Really I’m sad that you have to sell him (Michael & Alexis’s apartment doesn’t allow pets). I’m happy about your apartment find. I’m laughing because you said that Krys has passed you up in height. I’m excited to hear about all you're adventures. I miss YOU!!!! I think you're officially the leader.... not by age, but still... oh you!

Brenden! ~
I am so proud of you and how awesome of a guy you are. Read Alma chapter 48.... Make becoming a Moroni your goal, he's a stud. (I’m pretty sure it’s 48. If it’s all about Amlikiah being a liar and killing people, that's the wrong chapter! DONT MAKE HIM YOUR ROLE MODEL!!! He's dumb and ends up wanting to drink Moroni's blood, “but that my children is called cannibalism and is frowned upon in most countries." Good luck on the ACT test. I have all the confidence in the world that you will do amazing! I miss teasing you and how you'd be laughing a ton, but still be way ticked…AW! So funny, I love ya lit’l guy (He’s isn’t little anymore).

Krys ~
WOW you are gorgeous! Seriously you are absolutely stunning. I bet you've got a dynamite testimony to match those good looks ;). Girl I miss you. I was thinking the other day about the fun summer nights we had just walking around or being on the roof... (ha-ha-ha-ha, I don't know if mommy knew about that…) EVERYTHING. (So, now it comes out. I wonder what other mischief they got into that I was oblivious about?). I just miss you. I'm excited for all the adventures we'll have when I get back. You’ll have to be patient with my being out of shape. Ha-ha-ha…but I work out everyday. Hey how is the Personal Progress stuff going? I am in the Young Women's Presidency here and I am working with the Beehives(12-14 yr old young women); do you have any ideas for projects?

Everything’s going well. I’m very happy and growing more and more every day. I love you all tons and tons. Sorry I wasn't able to get to many questions next week I’ll try to.

Take care!
Hermana Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment